The Democratic Alliance (DA) has stated it will continue its fight to have President Jacob Zuma face trial for corruption.
Following the narrow success of the ANC in securing confidence for the President, DA leader Mmusi Maimane reiterated that the victory would be short-lived as opposition parties ventured to bring the Zuma to account for several corruption charges.
Last year, the North Gauteng High Court ruled a 2009 decision to withdraw criminal charges against Zuma was irrational and set it aside.
“We continue to take the legal action against Zuma and his group of corrupt friends. He will have his opportunity to defend himself at the Supreme Court of Appeal against the 783 charges that he still faces. In our views, those charges still stand.”
Deputy Judge President Aubrey Ledwaba says the court also found that former acting prosecutions boss Mokotedi Mpshe's explanation for his decision to drop the charges was "disingenuous".
Seven hundred and thirty-eight charges against Zuma, which include fraud and racketeering, were dropped in 2009 by Mpshe after considering representations from Zuma.
Zuma made representations which included the secret recordings of former Scorpions head Leonard McCarthy which revealed he made political considerations when deciding on when to serve the indictment on Zuma.
Ledwaba says the so-called spy tapes did not taint the prosecution of Zuma.
President Zuma is appealing this ruling.
The matter will be heard in the Supreme Court of Appeal on 14 and 15 September.
Meanwhile, the DA will table a motion on Thursday to dissolve Parliament.
The DA and other opposition parties failed to unseat Zuma through a motion of no confidence on Tuesday.