The State Security Agency has sent another cease and desist letter to get journalist Jacques Pauw's latest book removed from the shelves.
Pauw made the announcement during the launch of The President's Keepers in Hyde Park on Wednesday night, saying that he's been given two days to withdraw the book or face court action.
The highly publicised book contains allegations against President Jacob Zuma relating to corruption and irregularities with his tax affairs among other explosive revelations concerning both his first and second term as president.
Pauw says also claims that the State Security Agency is a black hole where public funds are used fraudulently.
He says that his research and interviews have revealed fraud and corruption at the State Security Agency (SSA) and these couldn’t be held accountable because they operate in secret.
Pauw told the hundreds of people who had gathered for the book launch at Hyde Park Mall that an initial investigation into the SSA found that over a R1 billion had been spent over a two-year period on a project that didn’t produce anything.
“A billion rand of your money was spent on a project that produced absolutely nothing.”
Pauw says not even the Auditor-General has privileges of auditing the agency, saying that he believes some of the public funds may be used to fund a certain candidate's campaign in the coming African National Congress December elective conference.
“Where do you think hundreds of millions of rands is going? It’s probably going to support certain factions in the ANC.”
He says that despite investigations and allegations of treason made against the SSA’s Arthur Fraser, he has been promoted to the agency’s director-general post, calling him a President Jacob Zuma keeper.