President Jacob Zuma on Tuesday announced changes to his cabinet on Tuesday.
Lindiwe Sisulu leaves her position as the Minister of Defense to take on the Public Services and Administration portfolio. The position had been vacant since the death of Minister Roy Padayachee earlier this year.
Zuma announced that Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula would take over the Defense portfolio. Mapisa-Nqakula was previoulsy the Correctional Services minister.
Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele was moved to the Correctional Services Ministry. Ben Martin replaces Ndebele as the Transport Minister.
Zuma also made the following appointments:
- Deputy Transport Minister: Sindisiwe Chikunga.
- Deputy Public Enterprises Minister: Gratitude Magwanishe.
- Deputy Public Works Minister: Jeremy Cronin
- Deputy Economic Development Minister: Hlengiwe Mkhize.
- Deputy Higher Education Minister: Mduduzi Manana.