The Advertising Standards Authority said on Thursday it is unlikely to initiate an investigation into the First National Bank adverts that left the ruling party seething.
The African National Congress and its branches slammed the commercial, which features videos of schoolchildren reading out their hopes for South Africa.
While the authority received one public complaint, nothing had yet been received from the ANC.
The ASA's Leon Grobler said considering the fact that the particular adverts that irked the ANC had already been pulled off YouTube, there was likely no reason to start an investigation.
"If the advert has already been taken off, there's really no need for concern anymore. At the very least, if we were to get a complaint, the question becomes: 'what point do we investigate from?'."
He said that the ASA was still waiting for FNB to provide a copy of the commercial for the authority to examine.