The Red Cross Children's Hospital said on Wednesday that doctors had yet to make a decision on when a four-month-old girl who was raped in Ceres earlier this month would be discharged.
The infant and a seven-year-old boy were sexually assaulted in the farming town, allegedly by a 25-year-old farmworker who had since been arrested.
The baby girl had undergone five surgeries since the attack.
The hospital's Lauren O'Connor-May said: "She's doing well and is in a stable condition. The doctors are still discussing a discharge date, which has not yet been confirmed."
The suspect made his second appearance in the Ceres Magistrate's Court last week.
The case was initially postponed to give officials time to obtain outstanding DNA tests and witness statements. The accused was also due to stand in an identification parade.
The State told the court that the seven-year-old victim was still receiving trauma counselling and that they were awaiting a report from a forensic psychologist before the identification parade could take place.
The accused faced charges of rape and abduction. His bail hearing was expected to be heard on 11 September.